Sunday, June 21, 2009

Two Cards Two Challenges



Hi all,

As you can see I have been busy. I seem to have gotten my creative side going again. The male birthday card is for my dh from me. I also decided to make this card for the CPS Sketch challenge this week. I really enjoy doing these sketches as they are a great starting point for when you are a little creatively challenged :).
Materials for the male card
F4849 Many Birds
CL181 Messages
Scrap papers
Kaiser Pearls
Embossing powder.

The other card is for a friends' daughter using an image from one of my new clear set Penny Black stamps. I also made this card for the Caardvarks latest challenge here I stamped the image onto Acetate with black Staz-on ink then coloured with Twinkling
H2O's. I wasn't sure if I could use the H2O's on Acetate but with a lot of perseverance I got there.

Materials
Acetate
Scrap paper
Penny Black 30-012 Bubbly
Staz-on black ink
Twinkling H2O's
Scallop Nestibles
Cuttlebug
Embossing powder
Crochet flower
Ribbon
I know it is hard to see, but the Hedgehog is on Acetate. I hope to take a better photo of it tomorrow in the sunlight. TTFN & thank you all for taking the time to look & comment on all of my cards, it means a lot :)

9 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Love how you colored on the acetate ... very cute window design.

Enfys said...

What a lovely window card, I love the way you painted on the acetate.
hugs
Enfys

Dawn said...

Your PB stamp looks great on the acetate. I thought it was underneath because I could see the twinkling H2O's - didn't know they would work on top of acetate.. well done. Birthday wishes to your DH for today...

lauren said...

i love the scalloppy frames around your window, and how brilliant (in this case *literally*) to color right on the acetate! :)

Heidi Van Laar said...

Your stamping onto acetate turned out fabulously! Adorable card!

Diana said...

Just love this Paula!

Jackie G said...

What adorable cards!!!

Pamela Smerker said...

The stamping on acetate looks great! So clear and absolutely adorable, both of them!

Nicole said...

very cute cards!