Sunday, November 22, 2009
I just thought I would share what Em is going to give her Teachers at Preprep for Christmas. These Bon Bons are so easy to make & are filled up with Ferrero Rochers (yummy chocolates). I got the template for these wonderful Bon Bons from my LSS last Christmas when I went to a one day workshop. I will post the cards Em & I made later.
I am just thrilled to bits that my little girl wants to help me make things. The other day she dragged the computer chair (twice her size & on wheels) over to my craft desk just so she could help. I was over the moon, as I want this to be something we can always do together. I think having a hobby that we can both enjoy is something special.
The images I used are from The Greeting Farm, my wonderful friend Helen gave me some stamped images. I used some of my new Copics (YAY I finally got some!!!!) to colour these images & I can see why every one is raving over them. They are just so beautiful to use. In fact normally I don't colour my stamped images in unless I am going to use them on a project, but last night all I did was colour images in while watching an old Inspector Lynley mystery. I just love playing around with my Copic Ciaos & seeing what happens. Plus having some wonderful images didn't hurt.
The very lovely Donna is such a wonderful caring & giving person. Plus her cards are so inspiring & amazing to boot. I had some questions on using Copics & Donna was very helpful in pointing me in the right direction. I am also getting a card & some wonderful images from her. Unfortunately the Postie around here doesn't seem to understand that this crafter is not the most patient person when it comes to stamped images & cards. So guess who has been lurking around the letterbox each day :0). Donna I will let you know the minute I get your wonderful parcel.
Cardvaarks is having a colour it challenge here so I think I will enter these Bon Bons into the challenge this week.
Well I'm off to do some dreaded house work, people are starting to write in the dust - not good. TTFN
Friday, November 20, 2009
I am sorry that my posts have been so sporadic lately. So guess what this is going to be another very long post. I guess I just haven't been all that inspired of late. Which is a slight problem as Dawn pointed out on her blog that Christmas is only 5 weeks away. I suppose I had better get my fingers inky & do something.
But before I attempt any of that I am going to thank the very lovely & talented Kiara for the Me Me award. Which means I have to divulge 7 secrets about myself, but since I don't really have any secrets I will settle for info instead.
1. I have christened baby No2 "Bug". AS I hate saying "it", when talking about him/her.
2. Doug & I aren't planning on finding out what sex Bug is until Bug is born.
3. I have a calander beside my bed with sayings, so instead of changing the days I change it when I'm sick of the saying. At the moment the saying is "Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live." Now if only I could get Bug to understand this ;).
4. I have finally gotten my hands on Copics!!! My LSS has started to stock the Ciao & I'm in love with them.
5. I love Christmas time, to me it is one of the best times to gather family & friends together & celebrate.
6. I can't believe how blessed I am to have Em as my daughter. She is such a sweet & loving little girl (& full of mischief too).
7. My sister is having a birthday tomorrow & I wish her a very happy day.
Ok now that part is over I am suppose to pass this award onto 7 wonderful people. But since I have two awards I will combine the list at the end.
This Smile award is from the very wonderfully talented Anne.
For this award, I am supposed to share 5 things about myself and pass it on to 5 other people who make me smile!
1. I am still amazed at all the wonderful friends that I have made through the Hero Arts flicker group. You ladies are amazingly talented & super friendly & that means the world to me.
2. I am a Sci Fi fan & would have to rate the first three Star Wars movies as my all time favourites.
3. I am also a closet Romance reader. One of my favourite author's is Nina Bangs, I especially like her Vampire novels.
4. I still want a dog (for Em of course). If I could get my way I would love a chocolate Lab.
5. My favourite TV shows are N.C.I.S., C.S.I., C.S.I. Miami, Eureka & Stargate Universe.
So there you have it, boy that was hard ;). I bet it was even harder for you guys to read. Well if you have made it this far then I appluad you.
Now for my list of People. I would like to nominate the following people in no particular order. But if your name isn't on the list & you want to do the awards then go right ahead :D.
I know I am suppose to have five people for the first one & seven for the second one but I figure six is enough or else you all will be getting these ;D. So TTFN & enjoy your weekend.
Friday, November 13, 2009
My CCC card from Deborah challenge 2
Originally uploaded by pajalu (Paula)
Well as you can see this wonderful creation is my card from the very lovely Deborah (aka Gigi), who organised these CCC challenges. Am I lucky or what.
I have been stalking my postie...........er I meant "patiently" waiting for the postie to deliever this wonderful card for over a week now. But wait there's more :D, I also got some wonderful Greeting Farm stamped images as well. I couldn't believe my luck. It is almost enough to get me motivated to do some card making, in fact I think tonight is the night. Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire is playing on the telly so I may as well create whilst watching that. So thank you once again to the very lovely & talented Deborah for my wonderful card & stamped images I love them all.
Well I'm off to create so TTFN xoxoxoxoxoxo
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Well as the title says this is going to be a long post so be warned!;)
Firstly am I just one of the luckiest people or what. I got these amazing cards & an award all in the space of a week. These two cards are from the very lovely & talented Linda aka Oz. Mind you the kitty card is actually for Missy Em who absolutely adores it. She saw it & said look mum there's a witchy cat. How cute is that! My only problem was Em wanted to play with the card & I was a mean mummy & said no. But I will keep it safe for her. I just love the moon, it's amazing the way it has been coloured. Linda you are amazing.
This card is from the equally lovely & talented Dawn. This wonderful card was to congratulate us on bub #2. Who I've christened "Bug" btw :D. I just love the colours & that fern leaf. I love all the different layers & textures on this card. Dawn your cards are so inspiring.
So to both of you lovely ladies can I just say the hugest THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!
This blog award I recieved from Dotty Jo & this is where the blog gets a little long. This sweet award comes with a few with rules, which are:
Pass this award on to five people, post on their blog to let them know you left this award, and then answer a list of questions in ONE word.
1. Where is your cell phone? Upstairs
2. Your hair? Messy
3. Your mother? Faraway (ok cheating a little bit)
4. Your father? Close
5. Your favorite food? bread
6. Your dream last night? dunno
7. Your favorite drink? water
8. Your dream/goal? life
9. What room are you in? downstairs
10. Your hobby? craft
11. Your fear? SPIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Happy
13. Where were you last night? Bed
14. Something that you aren't? Male
15. Muffins? Yum
16. Wish list item? Dog :D
17. Where did you grow up? Everywhere
18. Last thing you did? Blogging
19. What are you wearing? Clothes
20. Your TV? Off
21. Your Pets? Crazy
22. Friends? Yes :D
23. Your life? Interesting
24. Your mood? well
25. Missing Someone? Em
26. Vehicle? sedan
27. Something you’re not wearing? socks
28. Your favorite store? Daisychains
29. Your favorite color? Aqua
30. When was the last time you laughed? Monday
31. Last time you cried? Yesterday
32. Your best friend? two
33. One place that I go to over and over? Downstairs
34. Facebook? sortof
35. Favorite place to eat? anywhere
This is a little harder than it looks :D. Ok so now that I have done the questionare I'm gonna deviate from the rules a little. Since I've seen this blog award pop up all over my favourite Blogs I'm going to let you guys decide if you want this award or not :D. Then there is no pressure on you or me.
Well if you have made it through this long post congrats! I hope the next one wont be so bad. Till then TTFN