Monday, April 12, 2010

Sick & tired :(

Hi all,

Yet again it's been awhile since I last blogged. I've been sick again (& very tired), but this time I have a nasty rattle & a cough instead of morning sickness. If it's not one thing it's another lately. I got that bad that I spent last Wed night/early Thurs morning in the Emergency department (of our local hospital) with breathing difficulties. Luckily after all the tests the doctor decided that I had a virus & told me to get some cough medicine.

Which proved to be harder said than done, as one pharmacy told me not to take anything until I had seen my GP. So I asked for a second opinion at another pharmacy who said as long as I only took it once a day instead of 3-4 times a day (as the emergency dr said) I should be ok. So when I saw my GP today I got him to look at the medicine & to tell me how much I could take & how often I could take it. Besides the cough medicine I now have a puffer & some antibotics. Hopefully by the end of this week I should be all better :D. Which will be nice.

All these medications are Bug safe - Thank goodness!!! As I was worried about the little tacker ;). We are now down to less than 10 weeks, YAY!!! Mind you having said that, I still have heaps to do in the nursery. It's been that long since I blogged that I can't remember if the cot was up last entry? Well not only is the cot up, but it now has a new mattress as well. I am hoping to get all the baby clothes & linen washed this week as well. Mind you after about 3 days of sunshine (all day & night) we had a storm late yesterday & they are predicting more rain on the way - grrrrrrrrrrrrr. I'm sure the "gods" are laughing their butts off at the moment. Luckily I now have a dryer as well as an inside line.

Well that's enough for today - TTFN :D

7 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Poor you, sounds like you've had a really rough time. I'm sure the next 10 weeks will just rattle by and then you'll have a cute little bundle to put in that cot! Hugs from the UK, Jo x

Alice said...

awww... hope you are feeling better, Paula! I am happy to see you post again. good to hear that you got some medication to help you. it seems that things are getting ready for Bug. that nursery must be really cute and cozy! =) sending you hugs, my friend!! =)

donna mikasa said...

Oh, Paula! You poor thing! The ER is never fun! Glad you are on the mend and Bug is doing fine...Take good care, you! Ten weeks are going to fly by....

Anita Rex said...

Sorry to hear that you've been so sick. When your pregnant and come down with somethign it really is so much worse than if you weren't prego. I had a difficult time in my pregnancies also with monring sickness and other ailments so I can sympathize. It can be no fun sometimes! I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes way better!

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Paula! So sorry to hear that you've been under the weather! I hope you feel better soon! :-)

Lucille K said...

Hi Paula,
Oh my, you sure have had a go of it. I'm glad to know you are on the mend and the baby is fine.
Lucille K xoxo

Fika said...

Hi Paula.. i'm so sorry i'm late in reading your news.. So sorry about your sickness.. and do hope you will feel better soon!! Hugs and pray for you Paula :)