Tuesday, February 15, 2011

No red she said!

Hi every one,

I finally have managed to get some more cards made & even enter a challenge! How exciting is that.  Yeah I know it doesn't take much to get me excited ;).

This week's challenge at Jingle Belles is No red.  So here is my card

Not a scrap of red in sight.  I love doing these wreathes.  They can be time consuming, but they look so good.  When ever I get scraps of green c/s or pp that are too small for anything I punch out these leaves & put them into a zip lock bag.  Then I draw a circle onto the b/g paper & glue the base of the leaf to the circle outline.  I then slip the next leaf under the first & so on & so on, til the cirlce is full.  Add a few gems/pears & ta-da one wreath.

Have a great week & happy crafting xoxoxoxoxo

10 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Ta-Da ... a gorgeous holiday card ... some of my favorite paper on the background ... and I love the idea of going ahead and punching from those scraps and saving them ... such a fantastic design and you could use different colors for different holidays. Thank so much for joining our jingle belles fun.

Dawn said...

superb card Paula. Love your little wreath.

lauren bergold said...

oh what a brilliant strategy for your green scraps...thus ensuring you can ALWAYS make a gorgeous wreath at any time! and it *IS* a gorgeous wreath, indeed... (i especially love the bling pears!) ...sitting on a totally lovely holiday card! TA-DA for sure!!!!! ♥♥♥

Lisa - papergrace said...

One of MY favorite papers, too!! And how incredibly sweet is that wreath? I adore it so, very, very much! Wonderful way to use up your scraps and make a totally beautiful Christmas card, too.

Alice Wertz said...

love the pretty wreath, Paula!! such a pretty card!

Carrie O said...

What a lovely card and what a great way to use up your scraps.

donna mikasa said...

What a great idea to save the leaves and create such gorgeous wreaths! Love the different colors--gives it a lot of depth! Hope you and the family are well...

Lisa said...

this is adorable! such a cute little wreath and the BG paper is perfect!

Rosemary said...

No red is hard, but I think you did marvelously. I love your idea about saving the scraps because the wreath motif is wonderful!

Alice Wertz said...

hope you had a wonderful birthday, Paula!! not sure if you see this card, but it's on its way to you!! =) have a lovely weekend, my friend!