Tuesday, April 9, 2013

TSOT Sketch #113

Hi Lovelies,

Today  I have another wonderful sketch from Try Stampin' on Tuesday.  I really enjoy sketches as you all know, there are so many different ways to use them don't you think.  I love seeing what my fellow DT members do with these sketches as well as all of you.  Sometimes I think "Darn it - why didn't I think to do that!".


When I saw this sketch I just knew I wanted to do something special with that bottom design on the sketch.  I have been using a duck die (from Cuttlebug kids) to make decorations for an upcoming baby shower for Emsy's teacher.  Which further inspired me to create this cute card. 


It's a very simple card, I used Bazzil & a scrap of white c/s to create this card.  I used my trusty/rusty Cuttlebug to emboss the bottom of the card as well as for the duck & for the sentiment.  I clear embossed the button on the sentiment & because there isn't a lot of stamping on this card I also stamped the white c/s.  I used Diamond Glaze & Blue Ice Glitter on the D'vine Swirls.


This next card I made after I was inspired by the papers.  I found some leftover ribbon that matches the pp behind the stamped image.  I originally stamped the golfer on a square of Copic paper but after I started colouring him in I managed to get some Copic smudges where I didn't want them (so hate that).  But because my colouring was pretty good (for me) I decided to cut him out.  I then used Distress Inks to colour watercolour paper, before putting foam adhesive on the image placing him on the paper.  I also fussy cut out the speech bubble & placed foam adhesive behind it as well.

I really  love how one sketch can inspire two completely different cards.  I can't wait to see what you all create & please don't forget to leave my fellow DT members some love as well.  Happy crafting everyone.

Supplies:
It's a Boy:
Stamps - Paper Craft J6420.03 Baby
Bazzil - Light Blue, Dark Blue, Orange,
White c/s
Inks - Kaleidacolor "Blue Breeze"
Distress Ink - Faded Jeans
Versafine - Onyx Black
Diamond Glaze
Glitter - Blue Ice

Golfer Birthday:
Stamps - Paper Xtra (Golfer), Hero Arts CL272 All Occasion Messages
Copics - 
Multiliner #3 (for outlines), 
Hair - 100, 
Vest & Hat - R05, R17, R29, R46
Golf Club - W0, W1, W5
Belt - E15, E18,
Shirt - BG10, BG13, BG15, BG23, BG49
Inks - Tuxedo Memento Black, Versafine Onyx Black,
Distress Inks - Tumbled Glass, Bundled Sage,


4 comments:

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous Paula. The first one is a sweetie and I love the second one. The colouring is awesome.

Nancy Seed said...

Both are great Paula. I'm sure that Emsy's techer is going to love her card. Hugs.

Sarah said...

Both of your cards are fabulous!! I love the swirl on the bottom of your 1st card and your colouring is really good on your golfer! :)

MJ said...

Love them both, the duck is just darling and the golfer is so fun! Great cards.