Wednesday, June 26, 2013

TSOT Sketch #124


Hi Lovelies,

How are you this Tuesday?  I hope that you are inspired to create with this fun sketch from Try Stampin' on Tuesday.  It's a simple one I know but I am still learning how to use Gimp.   I am in love with the cards my fellow DT memebers have come up with.  Especially's Nancy's card, it looks abosuletly amazing!  Please go & check them all out here.


I recently brought a couple of stencils (I was inspired by what Anne does with hers) & decided to use them with this sketch.  I used my Twinkling H2O's to colour them in.  I decided to make a Christmas card as I am going to need so many later on.  As you can see I really stuck to the sketch with this card.  But I also want to share a card that I made that turned out nothing like the sketch, yet was inspired by it all the same.  Did that make sense?


Can you see the sketch in this card?  No? I'm not surprised.  I wanted to try out the stencil & used some distress inks on a scrap of paper & then decided that I liked it so much I kept on going.  I was orginally just going to do three colours & have them running diagonally across the card.  This is yet another reason I love having these sketches.  Because with out this sketch I would never have created this fun card.  

I hope the the DT members & I have inspired you to play along this week. I can't wait to see what you all come up with.

3 comments:

Nancy Seed said...

Love both cards. One for the cold weather and one for the hot weather.

Arlene said...

You have your Xmas cards started already. Nice going. And your wonderful fun card is too cute. I like it too. Glad you're enjoying working with stencils. They are cool.

Sarah said...

Great cards! I love both, but I'm really loving the gradient colouring on the second card :)