Monday, June 6, 2011

Almost a one layer card

Hi,

Today I have an almost one layer card to share with you.  I was inspired by Alice to try her wonderful cloud backgrounds.  Alice has done a tutorial on it here.  I've long been an admirer of her clouds & was surprised at how easy it is to make them.  Mind you about halfway through layering my clouds I remembered that I do have a plastic template of clouds (& sea) so will give that a go next time.  I used this wonderful sketch from Card Patterns.  I am delighted with how this card turned out.  I've basically used Distress inks to "colour" the c/s into pp.  I did stamp the butterfly seperately & attached it to the card after colouring it in with copics.  I also changed the colour of the lace with ink & water in a mini mister to suit the card. 

Thanks for stopping by & have a great week :D - Happy crafting everyone xoxoxo

Supplies:
Distress Inks: Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Stormy Sky, Bundled Sage, Shabby Shutters,
Versafine Inks: Sepia, Onyx Black,
Momento Ink: Tuxedo Black
Vivid Ink: Olive (for the lace)
Versamark Pen
Hero Arts Stamps: Cl 151 (Share Laughter), Cl 309 (Whoo loves you), Cl 342 (Everyday sayings) CG 196 (Canvas Stripes)
Copics: Y35, Y38, YR04, YR 68
Cuttlebug
Nestibilities: Tags
Embossing Powder: Red Blush (unknown brand)
Heart button (unknown brand)
Scrappers floss: Neutral

6 comments:

~amy~ said...

hmmm....I can't seem to see your card?

Barb said...

Your card is not showing up, Paula. I'll be sure to stop back to see it later today. . .hugs! :)

Alice said...

such a beautiful spring scene, Paula! so glad that you tried the inked clouds. =) love this pretty card and hope you have a wonderful week! =)

Dawn T said...

such a pretty card Paula. Love the clouds.

~amy~ said...

I'm back and what an a-dorable card!!! Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns!

Kristii said...

such a cute card!!! Love the little heart tree and butterfly!!