Saturday, June 4, 2011

Happy Birthday Lilly :D xoxoxoxo

Hi everyone,

One year ago today Lilly arrived in the world.  How the time has flown by, it just seems like last week I brought her home from the hospital & the lovely Dawn & her mum visited us.  I think I'm a little (well probably a lot) bit in denial about it all.  My baby can't be 1 year old already!  I just wont allow it (yeah like I've got any say in it at all). 

So as per usual I've left everything to the last minute & finally made her card this afternoon, nothin' like leaving it to the last minute?  I used a really cute Bugaboo image & turned it into a "shaped card".  All I did was enlarge it to the size of a 4" x 6" card & then coloured it in with my trusty copics.  I left a "spine" on the lefthand side & cut around the image.  I was going to use some Broken China or Tumbled Glass distress ink on the edges, but Lils' didn't think she should have a second nap & just be cranksy all arvo (grrrrrr hate when "they" think "they" don't need a second nap). 

I am still trying to get time to make thank you cards for all you lovely ladies who sent me cards when Lils' was born.  I am rather ashamed that I haven't gotten them all done by now.  I also have just finished a project for Lilly's room using two gifts (from two very lovely ladies) that where given to me at the same time I recieved the cards.  I am hoping that tomorrow I will be able to photograph "the project" & get it uploaded for you all to see.  Then maybe on Monday I can sweet talk my dh into helping me put it in Lil's room - wish me luck ;P.

Have a great weekend & happy crafting everyone xoxoxoxoxo

Supplies:
Paper: Ivory Board Sand (white)
Stamp: Bugaboo Digi Ladybug in bottle
Copics: W0, W1, C1, C3, C5, C7, R05, R17, R29, R46, R59, 
         BG000, G02, G05, G07,YG17, YG63, YG67

5 comments:

Lin said...

Time flies when you're having fun! :))It's hard to believe that she's a year old already. And Paula, you don't need to make us all thank you cards; you can cross that little job right off the list, and enjoy that sweet child!
Your bug jar is adorable! Couldn't be cuter!

Barb said...

No way! She can't be a year old already! Gosh, time goes way too fast! Love that darling bug jar card, Paula! What a sweet image! Looking forward to seeing the "project!" Hug Lilly and tell her Happy Birthday! :)

Dawn T said...

Wow Paula.... it hardly seems a year ago that you had little Lily. Love the card you made for her... a beautiful keepsake. Hope you all had a great day. Hugs to you all

donna mikasa said...

A very Happy Birthday to Lilly Bug! Wow--the year really flew by! Love your adorable card! Great idea to enlarge the image for a one of a kind shaped card! Hugs to you, Paula! xx

Alice said...

Happy Happy Birthday to LIlly!!! I can't believe she is an year old already! Hope she enjoyed her day! =) and wow! love love love your shaped card. absolutely fabulous and so cute, Paula!! super coloring, too! LOVE!! =)