Sunday, November 18, 2012

I've been a Scramblin'

Hi Lovelies,

*Ok this is going to be an extremely long post.  I mean it, really, really long.  Go get yourself a cut lunch & a Thermos.  Settle in & hopefully enjoy ;o)

Are you all worn out yet?  I'm still standing (well sitting actually) ;o).  Oh what fun was had over at the Hero Arts Flickr group over the weekend.  The very lovely & talented Hannah organised a 24 hour Scramble, so everyone could take part in.  If you would like to see all the threads, cards & comments just go to this thread & then follow the links.  There is talk of holding another one, which I will definitely try to play along with.

For me the scramble started at a nice time 10.30 am on Saturday.  Which meant I got to play in almost all of the scrambles.  I missed out on 3 of them, but was very tempted to stay up & do them.  I just couldn't do that to my kids & dh.  Maybe if the girls where a lot older I would have.

So here are my cards from the scramble:
Scramble No 1 was hosted by Hannah, who had a theme of "Green or Friendship Card".  As long as your card had green on it or was about friendship & had a least one Hero Arts stamp/digi image it was in the scramble.

I made two cards (for most of the challenges).  The Thank you card is my favourite, I just adore how the background turned out.

Scramble No 2 was hosted by Judy who  challenged us to do Christmas Thank you cards:  I won that challenge :o) which shocked me as I was just happy to be playing along.


I will let you decide which of these two was the winner.  As the draw was for one person per challenge, but we could enter as many times as we wanted to.  Some ladies where so talented they made 3 cards in the 90 minutes (amazing crazy talent I say!).  I kinda love the second card, I think it's all that bling lol.



Scramble No 3 was hosted by Rachelle with the theme of a Get well card with one or all of the following.  Make it for a child, add a button, & or include 3 textures.


I really liked this challenge, because I had to push myself.  As I like to try & do as many of the themes as possible.  I figure the first card would suit a teenager boy?  The second a little girl.
 

Marcy had Scramble No 4.  Her theme(s) was use a Border punch on the edge only & use a Hero Arts stamp/digi image.  I only managed the one card as it was dinner, bath & bedtime for the girls.  I actually brought some of my crafty stuff upstairs (3 trips) so I could play along whilst supervising the kidlets.


For Scramble No 5 we had the lovely Cecilia & her theme(s) where to make a Christmas card without gold & silver but still have it glitter.  Again I only managed the one card.  As I was still doing the mummy thing ;o).  I used liquid pearls for the custard, red pearls for the berries & Holly Stickles on the leaves of the plum pudding (from Kaisercraft) then I added gems to the flourish. I just wish I could stamp straight *sigh* that sentiment is bugging me!

Scramble No 6 was hosted by the lovely Janet (swanlady21).  Her theme was to include a tag on your card.

I actually made three cards for this challenge, but only uploaded two of them.  I made two of the above card as part of Emsy's teachers gifts.  The other card has a red border & tag.  I really like them for thank you cards for the teachers.  After that I was stuck in Christmas mode & made this card.  I'm slowly going through all my Kaisercraft pearls & gems.  I have tons of half used packets!  This is such a great way to use them up.

Linda hosted Scramble No 7.  Linda used Repeated Stamping as her theme. 


I nearly didn't do this challenge, I was getting tired & honestly didn't know what to do.  I started off by thinking I'd stamp a heap of butterflies, then it was cupcakes.  Finally I settled on the candle card.  Once I had that uploaded I still had time so it was a mad scramble (excuse the pun) to find another stamp  to use.  When I came across this older Hero Arts stamp that I haven't used in ages.  So I stamped it straight onto a card base, trimmed it up & coloured in the centre image.  In hindsight, I should have used Copic paper & layered it onto the base as the colour seeped through.  Not hard to fix, so alls good.


Then it was off to bed for me as it was 12.30 am.  Doug got home just before the challenge ended so I even got to spend a little time with him.  Which was nice.  While I slept, scrambles 8, 9 & 10 happened.  I woke up just after 5.30 am (I'd set my alarm for 5.50 am) so got up, grabbed a coffee, my phone & trusty laptop & headed back down stairs to play once again.  While I waited for scramble 11 to start I tried to catch up on commenting on all the scrambles I'd missed.  I am planning on making at least one card for each of the scrambles I missed out on, hopefully this week.  

Scramble 11 was held by the very talented & gorgeous Barb!  The theme for this was to use three different pp (including b/g stamps) & of course a stamped/digi image.


 I really enjoyed this challenge.  I think I went a little crazy for the first scramble of the morning or maybe it was the caffeine kicking in.  Either way I am happy with my two cards.  I really like these Distress Inks.  I used Festive Berries & Evergreen Bough.  I love my distress inks.  Can you tell?  I also love my new Christmas Bauble die from Memory Box.  I think I will be using it a lot.

  
Finally scramble No 12 was hosted by Janet (Jintyoo7) & fittingly the theme for this scramble was time.



I really struggled with this theme.  But am happy that I stuck at it.  I got the idea to use these flowers as fireworks from seeing it done somewhere else (I'm thinking from Dawn?).  I added some more gems to the centres for extra sparkle & then found some number stickers in my stash to add to the sentiment.  You can't see it very well, but I also used my favourite b/g stamp Envelope with Tumbled Glass distress ink first.
The next card I kept it very simple.  I stamped the background again with the envelope stamp in Pumice stone distress ink.  Adding the clock ( from The Paperie Girl) & another Hero Arts sentiment.  I used scraps from Twilight florals for the border & behind the clock.  I coloured the clock in with Copics.


They are all my cards.  I am sorry for the extra long post tonight.  Thanks for sticking with me & I hope I have inspired you to join in the next one.  Have a great week   

2 comments:

Lin said...

Paula, you must hold the record for doing the most of these scrambles! All of your cards are so fun, but if I have to pick just one, it would be the one from Scramble #2 where you used the Aspen Frost paper......
Wasn't it something to think of us all working across the world, just like our own little World Card Making Day!

Dawn T said...

Awesome Paula.... you certainly did well. I missed 6 of the scrambles as I slept in Sunday morning. I am so impressed with your cards. That's a lot of cards. All of them are just beautiful but the last two are my favs! And yes, I used flowers last year for my fireworks, not not as spectacular as yours!