Sunday, May 26, 2013

Sea-horse Birthday

Hi Lovelies,

I actually got some time to play along with one of my fav' challenge blogs the other day & now have some more time to share it with you all...............life is good sometimes don't you think?





The sketch is from Seize the Birthday.   I decided that the sketch reminded me of water & bubbles for some strange reason.  So I dug around in my pp's & found this cute pp which is double sided - Bonus!  So I tried very hard to use the colours from the pp to make my card.  Honestly I'm not 100% sold on the greens I used but it's all about learning, so all's good in the end.  I went a bit lot mad with the stickles & glossy accents, which I really enjoyed.  Must have had a "kid" inspired day lol.  Hopefully in the close up you can see my handy work with the bling, besides the seahorse I used GA on the dots.  

Supplies:
Pattern Paper - Chick-a-do Hickups by S.E.I
Blue Bazzill
Kaisercraft clear stamp - CS966 Seahorse
Hero Arts clear stamp - CL139 Birthday Messages
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black, Momento Tuxedo Black,
Distress Inks - Forest Moss, Peeled Paint, Crushed Olive, Peacock Feathers
Stickles - Star Dust
Glossy Accents
Copics - BG10, BG000, BG01, BG13, BG49, YG63, YG67, YG17,


4 comments:

Dawn T said...

what a gorgeous card Paula. The colours are fabulous.

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Cute seahorse Paula! I'm. Not a big fan of the colour green either - it was our school uniform colour!

Unknown said...

What a fun card! Love the seahorse and great colors. Thanks for joining us this week at Seize the Birthday.

Greta said...

This is so cute! I love all the sparkle & great use of the sketch!