Wednesday, May 22, 2013

TSOT Sketch #119

Hi Lovelies,



This week's sketch is such an interesting one don't you think.  At first I wasn't sure on what to do with the strip in the middle.  But hopefully I have done this sketch justice with what I came up with.  What do you think?  

I'm still using the Kaisercraft range "Remember Me".  This time I decided to stamp the Poppy three times & cut out certain petals, add a pop dot (foam adhesive) behind it & put the flower back together.  Sort of like Paper Toll.  I then stamped the leaves & cut them out to put behind the flower (for the bar).  I used my new die Die-namics Decorative Doily Duo behind the flower.  I can see this die getting a lot of use.  It looks so lovely & comes in two sizes this being the larger size.  I may even get the oval version of this die at a later date.  

I'd love for you to pop over to Try Stampin' on Tuesdays to see what my fellow DT members have come up with.



4 comments:

Sally said...

Beautiful depth on the flower, Paula! Love how you placed the leaves and added so many interesting layers - great design!

Sarah said...

I love all the layers on your flower - just stunning. I think you didi the sketch justice for sure :)

Arlene said...

I see that doily and know it will get used a lot. Lovely card.

MJ said...

Great details, and yes you did a fabulous job with the sketch! The layered flower is beautiful.