Sunday, January 1, 2012

Jingle Belles: No time like the present(s)

Hi everyone,

Well It's the first day in the New Year & I've managed to make a half decent card.  I used the latest Jingle Belles challenge here to make this card.  I also was leafing through some old Cardmaking books & came across a card which inspired this one.  The only thing I wish I did differently on this card is the embossed senitment.  I kinda stuffed it up, but am not sure how to fix it.  Oh well it's better than nothing I guess. 

I hope you aren't sick of Christmas cards yet (or I'm gonna be in trouble ;P) as I am trying to get ahead on 2012's Christmas card list.  I've already written down my card giving list (all three of them).  I have a family/friends, list an overseas list & a Mothers' group list.  I figured it would make my job a lot easier if I split them up like that.  That way I know which cards have to go out early etc.

Have a great week ahead & Happy 2012 everyone xoxoxoxo     

12 comments:

Dawn T said...

Well done Paula. I've got a couple left over so that's my start. Love the colours you chose here.

My Beautiful World said...

So nice to meet you just found your beautiful blog and so happy I did. I have enjoyed looking around and I'm now following you, if you find a spare minute hope you visit me sometime and follow back so nice to meet new friends. Sending you special wishes for a wonderful New Year I’m looking forward to keeping in touch in 2012.
Always Wendy

SmilynStef said...

Love your round card design ... and love that you're actually designing cards from a list ... you are really ahead of the game ... so glad you're joining our Jingle Belles fun in 2012.

Dotty Jo said...

Happy New Year Paula, I love round cards! Jo x

lauren bergold said...

i cannot imagine how you can gaze upon this glorious, cheerful, beautiful, and completely festive holiday card and be anything but THRILLED with every single aspect! and i for one, love the embossing, so there!!!! brilliant work... the first of many gorgeous holiday cards in 2012, i am sure!!! ♥♥♥

sheila said...

Love this card Paula and no,....totally not sick of seeing Christmas cards at all! Actually, I have thought myself that I am going to just keep blogging here and there different Christmas cards as the season is so short for them while the season for all other types of cards is so much longer! glad to see you up and blogging again! missed you!

Alice said...

love the non-traditional colors you used for this, Paula! beautiful card! Happy New Year to you and yours! =)

Deb Hickman said...

Beautiful, I love the design and the great colour combo. Xxxx

Barbara said...

Love the colors and especially the orange paper. Beautiful card.

Marie Bingaman said...

Cute little card! I love the non-traditional colors you used too! :)

Lorraine said...

I also love the non-traditional color scheme. Very nicely done!

Lorraine said...

I also love the non-traditional color scheme. Very nicely done!