Sunday, August 5, 2012

Feeling rusty

Hi all you gorgeous bloggers,
How have you been? I hope that you are all well & have been happily creative.  Unlike me :(, up until this morning I haven't made a card in what seems like forever!!!!  I haven't been anywhere near my poor neglected blog since May & I'm suspecting it's been about that long since I've visited you all.  I decided to pull the plug on cards & blogging & visiting for awhile.  Just so I couldn't put pressure on myself to try to make cards that I knew in my heart that I wouldn't have been happy with.  It's only been in the last week that   I decided to clean off my craft desk & do a quick tidy up.  I even gave away my ice cream bucket of scraps (to Emsy's class).  I also gave Emsy's school about 15 or so cards for their upcoming fete (Emsy picked out the ones we had to donate).  I was slowly thinking about cards again & actually feeling like doing something but I wasn't sure what.

Then the other day I decided to visit Flickr & discovered that there was a 90 minute scramble on, you can check it out here.  Which I thought would be fun to do.  So the above card is my entry.  Sorry about the crap photo it was still dark (at 6am) & I'm not a good photographer with my phone.  I did try to edit in PicMonkey but there is only so much editing can do ;).

Anyway I'm pleased with the card for the most part.  I love the background pp & nestie tags that Dawn gave me, as well as the doily that Alice gave me. The large heart was cut out of pp also.  So basically the only stamping is the sentiment.  The butterfly is a digi image from Hero Arts.

Well it's 7.30am & my two girls will probably be up very soon so I'd better get upstairs & get another coffee to "cope" (yay for caffeine).  I promise while they are running amok I will drop by your blogs & leave you all some love.

Hugs to you all xoxoxoxo

1 comment:

Dawn T said...

welcome back Paula. good to see you back. Love the card. Isn't it great when things just fall into place and you are happy with what you create. So glad. Having two youngsters makes life so busy... so I can totally understand why you needed to take a break.