Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Cool Yule

Hi Lovelies,

This is my second post for today :)  please scroll down or go here to see my DT card for Try Stampin' on Tuesday.

Ok today I have a really sweet card to share with you all.  I'm loving the colours in it.  I found a new Christmas Blog called Always Playing with Paper & they have a challenge on at the moment to use any of their past sketches to create a card for the current challenge.  I decided to use this sketch, mainly becasue it fit in with my Digi image that I had previously printed & cut out.



I used Molly from Saturated Canary.  I just love this Digi image, don't you?  I had a great time colouring Molly in with my Copics.  I am still trying to get the hang of black hair with blue high lights. So her hair is probably more blue than black but still I'm pleased with the way it turned out.  I used warm greys on the "white" areas of her clothing & am really pleased with the way they turned out.  This was my first attempt at colouring white.

Well the kidlets have just gotten up so my peaceful morning has come to an end ;)  Thanks for stopping by, your comments mean the world to me.

Happy crafting my friends - Paula

Supplies:
Just Believe 6 x 6 pad by Kaisercraft
Copic Paper
Saturated Canary - Molly (Digi image)
Distress Inks - Festive Berries, Peacock Feathers
Copics:
Clothing/hat - W-0, W-1, C-1, BG23, BG13, BG18, BG49, BG72, 
Hair - B24, C-5, C-7, C-9
Good List - E31, E43

10 comments:

Bonnie said...

Beautifully colored, Paula! And a perfect image for this sketch! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday! Hope to see you back in January. Merry Christmas!

Judy1223 said...

Paula, you are an amazing color-er with Copics! LOVE that image, your card is perfect and your coloring is awesome!

Dawn T said...

Wow - your colouring is getting better and better Paula. love the colours on this image. Great card.

Lesley said...

Adorable image you have used and the music note background is lovely. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday, we hope to see you back in January!

sheila said...

It's is colored so beutifully. I love it Paula.....your skills just rock!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Your card is amazing and I love the coloring on that image. So glad you found us and decided to play along at Merry Monday for our last challenge of 2012. Hope to see you back in January.

Notes by Nina said...

Wonderful card Paula, the colouring is fantastic. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

LeAnne said...

Wow, your coloring and shading are super! Very realistic! Thanks for playing with the Merry Monday challenge this week...see you next year!

Alice said...

beautiful coloring and colors. very pretty card, Paula!

Allisa said...

Great image, so glad you found Merry Monday. Be sure and come back and play in the new year! Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday!