Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch 98

Hi Lovelies,

How are you all today?  Did Santa visit you?  He's been & gone here.  My girls made out like little bandits (expect some photos later).  Let's just say they are spoilt rotten at the moment.  I'm sad that the big day is over but am glad that the "madness" is finished with for another year.

Today I am back with the new sketch from Try Stampin' on Tuesday.  I really enjoy doing sketch based challenges & I particularly love this sketch.



So much so that I just had to make another card based on this.  I am trying hard to step out of my comfort zone at the moment.  I tried a few different things on this card that I haven't done before.  Instead of going for a scallop circle die or using a doily (both are perfectly good & acceptable) I decided to cut up a flourish die & use all the pieces around the edge of the circle.  I used two & a half flourishes.  I used glue dots under the leaves & on the back to secure the flourishes.  On the front I tucked some of the flourishes under the bakers twine & used glue (on a pin) to secure the finer parts down.  Looking at the flourish around the image it reminded me of Cinderella's pumpkin coach.

I used Orange, not a colour I normally go to & then I added dots as shading so she didn't look like she was sitting in mid air.  If you want to see an expert do a better job of using the dot technique go here, it's a good video & a bit funny too.  I made this card larger as well it's 6 x 6.  I used Copics to colour the image & was trying for a softer look.  Every time I use this image I think Red/Aqua. So even though she  has aqua in her outfit I definitely stepped out & did something different.  Now all I have to do is work on getting my sentiments straight! ;)


Here is my second card using this sketch.  This is another larger card measuring 6 x 6 inches.  I had so much fun colouring in Snow White from Saturated Canary.  I also wanted to use my Scallops & a doily on this card just because (see told ya they are both perfectly good & acceptable).  I had to Google Snow White to see what her "colours" where lol.  How sad is that!  I needed a colour palette to get me started. I knew I wanted Red in the card but wasn't sure on the other colours.  I used two different paper pads on this card, both by My Mind's Eye.  I coloured Snow in with Copics.  This time I've left the sentiment off, so I don't have to worry about trying to keep that straight ;)

Thanks for stopping by today, I do hope that you can join in the fun at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.  I'd love to see what you create & as always thanks so much for your wonderful comments.  Happy crafting my friends.

Supplies:
Happy Birthday Card
Pattern Paper - My Mind's Eye 6 x 6 pad Darling Dear
Copic Paper
Distress Inks - Pumice Stone, Rusty Hinge, Tumbled Glass, Antique Linen
Versa-fine ink - Vintage Sepia
Momento ink  - Tuxedo Black
Hero Arts - CL181
The Greeting Farm - Miss Anya Love
Bakers Twine
Cheery Lynn Designs - Fanciful Flourish Die 117
Nestibilities - Large Circle 
Cuttlebug
Copics:
Skin - E0000, E50, E21
Hair - E50, E31, E35, E 25
Dress, hair bows & shoes - B00, B01, BG000, BG10, BG23, BG49
Shadow - E41, E31, E35, E50, 

Snow White Card
Pattern Paper - Darling Deer 6 x 6 pad, All Spice 6 x 6 pad by My Mind's Eye
Doily,
Bakers Twine,
Copic Paper,
Cuttlebug,
Spellbinders Nestibilities - Large Scallop Circles, Large Circles
Copics:
Skin - E0000, E50, E21
Lips - RV29
Basket - E31, E33, E35
Eyes/Leaves - G02, G05, G07
Hair - B24, C-5, C-7, C-9
Apples - RV14, RV29, R46, RV69
Dress - B32, B24, B18, B29, Y000, Y11, Y02, Y35, Y38

9 comments:

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous Paula. I've been asked to make a girl birthday card so might have to try out the sketch. I've got a pile of 13.5 x 13.5 cm base cards that will work perfectly. And your colouring is just AMAZING.... you are sooo good now. Glad Christmas went well for you and the girls got spoilt ~ that's what it's all about when you're a kidlet!

MJ said...

Awesome cards, I especially love the first one. love the way you shaded with the dots! Great job with the coloring! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Nancy Seed said...

Well done. I don't do enough with colouring and your colouring is great.

Maureen Morton said...

I am so loving how you used this sketch, Paula. And that snow white has my heart (we just went to orlando in october and I got to meet her myself!). Your coloring is masterful. Great work!

Sarah said...

Both of your cards are amazing! I love your colouring and how you used your flourish on your first card. Hope you and your family had a great Christmas :)

Mynn xx said...

These are both AMAZING!!! Absolutely amazing coloring jobs--I'm so envious! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! HUGS and Happy New Year! :)

Lucille K said...

Hi Paula,
Oh I just love your cards, especially the orange flourish, just lovely.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such nice comments. I had a wonderful Christmas and am looking forward to the new year.

Lucille K xoxo

Karen said...

Both cards so wonderful. Love the idea that you used flourishes around the circle and orange too. It's a good feeling when you try something new and it comes out AWESOME!

Martin said...

Thannks for the post