Saturday, February 6, 2010

A sneek peek & other bits ;)


Hi all,

Well I thought I would share a sneaky peek at some thing I've been working on for Deborah's latest CCC ;D. I thought this latest challenge was going to be too hard for me, but surprised myself. I like to try & do as many of the "set" options as I can. It's something I like to challenge myself with. This time I decided that I would stick to the colour scheme first because purple & green isn't a "go to" colour combo for me. In fact I had to buy some more paper for this challenge. I know shock horror no scraps where used!!! But don't worry I have since used up a heap of scraps on other cards. So far I've made about 6 cards with this colour combo. One of which is now at my LSS for the owner.


I am not sure if this "pen" is new on the market or I've never seen it before. But I just had to share it with you all. I discovered this versamark pen (whilst buying purple bazzil) yesterday & am in love with it. I had another embossing pen that left a blue line where ever you used it, so I never used it much as it tended to make everything look icky. But this wonderful pen is perfect. Not only does it go on clear like the ink pad, but it has two ends so you can get into really small areas. I think that this is my new go to item, so expect a lot of embossing in my future cards ;D. Btw I wasn't paid to say these things.

Today I went to a instore demo for Justrite stamps at my LSS. The lady doing the demo was so very lovely & her cards are fantastic. Kathy is also a DT member I would recomend checking out her blog here. I had never heard of Justrite stamps till this last week. I wasn't going to go today as all my babysitters have left the country (how rude!). Em was really good for the whole time we where there, she loves to play in the kiddy corner. In the end I didn't order any stamps, but Em got some fun stickers for being a good kid :D.


Lastly I thought I'd share a photo of my bloggin' buddy Smudge. She's flopped down in her favourite spot while I am on the computer. She doesn't look that happy as it it in the mid 30's & very humid & she has a thick coat. We both say bring on winter!!! The scary thing is her personality is very simular to my dd Em. Especially when you tell her she can't do something. Smudge is going to be 5 in a few weeks, unless her 'ttude gets her into more trouble ;). Tom is curled up under a window - I think he's still "recovering" from going to Preprep with Em on Monday.

Well that's enough dribble from me so TTFN xoxoxoxo

7 comments:

Dawn T said...

Paula... love the sneak peek. I wasn't confident enough to try the colour scheme - even though I love purple and green - tend to use them separately....
Love you blogging buddy... and I feel for him ( and you) in that heat...at least here it only got to 30 degrees this morning.
Looking forward to the big reveal and to your other purple/green creations.

Alice said...

you are such a tease, Paula! Can't wait to see the whole card!! =) I have a VersaMark pen for years and hardly used it... Mainly because that I don't know where.. Where do you use it? I would love to know. =) Smudge is soooooo cute! thanks for sharing!!

Dotty Jo said...

Mmmmmm, liking what I see of that sneak peek! Thanks for the info about the embossing pen. Just like you I have been less than pleased with the blue line that gets left behind by my current pen. Look at that cat - how cute!!!! And how like Custard? I always say that its a bad time to be covered in fur when the weather is hot. Custard is currently snuggled up with my hubby on the bed. There will be soooo much fur to remove afterwards as he has started to moult. Have a happy day, Jo x

Linda aka Oz said...

Hey Paula, hugs darlin. Just love the combo of purple and green. I have had a versamark pen for years but never really liked it cause the tip was so wide. Mine does not have 2 ends. I always use it for touch ups but always wanted a finer tip for writing. BG has super fine hair that matts really bad. I had to take the clippers out and shave her belly and underamrs. Needless to say she is not happy with me...at all! hehe. love ya, hi to Em. the Oz

donna mikasa said...

How clever to do a "peek", Paula! Hope to see the reveal later....I can tell it's going to be fabulous! I have seen the Versamark pen but never tried it. You've enabled me to get it! Take good care, Paula!

Kathy Jones said...

Well I love the look of your sneak peek - is that the card you had on Saturday?? Thank you so very much for your kind words about the demo, my cards and blog - you are too sweet!! Your daughter was a treasure and I'm so glad we had the chance to meet!! :)

Anne said...

Hi, Paula! I love the sneak peek! And Smudge is adorable! :-)