Saturday, April 2, 2011

Hi everyone,

This is just a share, today.  Not for anything in particular.  A while ago the very lovely Kathy shared with everyone this amazing colour chart.  Which I thought was such a fantastic idea.  I loved the idea of seeing at a glance what a particular colour was & to top it off I think it makes great wall art.  So here is my version of Kathy's  colour chart using Hero Arts digi Flutterbies found here.  I have also used my Cuttlebug & Nestibilities Label Four & Nestibilities Tags.  I wanted to be able to see what the colours would look like stamped, coloured & brushed around the edges.  Since I am a visual person.  I also needed to have the names put on each butterfly so I could just grab it at a glance.  So I decided to do a "Specimen Board" with my butterflies. 
I took this into my LSS to show them as they helped me with a few little issues I had.  Like how to "glue" the labels to the canvas & what I could use for pins.  I was really honoured & surprised when they asked me to make one for them :D.  So of course I did (it looks exactly like this one).  Any way thanks for taking a peek.

Happy crafting everyone

Supplies:
Canvas 45cm x 45 cm
Tim Holtz Distress Inks
Nestibilities Label Four & Tags
Cuttlebug
Kaiser craft Paint: Sea Breeze
Kaiser craft Dewdrops
Modpodge
Hero Arts Digi kit Flutterbies
 

3 comments:

Tracey said...

OMGOODNESS!!! This is so PERFECT PAula...LOVE it!!!No wonder your LSS wanted one from you!!
Hugs,
T

Dawn T said...

It is wonderful Paula. No wonder your LSS wanted one too... such a great idea and the butterflies look so special all pin on the canvas.

Alice said...

wow! this is amazing, Paula!! gorgeous color chart and well, i think any store would want one of these if they have seen it!!! LOVE this fab project, my friend!