Monday, February 23, 2015

Card organizer - Graphic 45's Time to Flourish


Hi Lovelies,

Last week I went to CraftOnline.com.au to get the rest of these Time to Flourish Graphic 45 papers that my favourite scrap booking store Daisy Chain didn't stock.  I originally brought February, June & August from Daisy Chain, as they are the girls birthday & I know heaps of people that are having birthdays in February (like Arlene).  I then went back for March, April, May & December.  Barbi doesn't stock the whole range of these papers as here in Australia Halloween isn't a big deal (although it's gaining popularity), plus the seasons are all back to front.  January is one of the hottest months so Let it snow sentiments don't really work that well.  But I couldn't resist getting all the papers.  I just love the colours and the imagery is amazing.  I saw this video on You-tube (it's fast becoming my go-to place of late) and knew that it was exactly what I wanted to do.  But I will admit I wanted my organizer to be sturdier.  So I used French Vanilla Bazzil as my pages & then decorated them before using my Zutter to bind it.  In all of the pockets are the "leftovers" that I haven't used to decorate the pages with.  If you look at June (it's one of my favourite pages) below you can see what the page looks like when the pocket is empty & the Month card front.  On the back of these cards I'm going to have a perpetual month.  So it can be used time & time again,  The only thing I would do differently is use bigger rings.  I used the 3/4 binding rings & the book doesn't sit flat, it lifts up at the open side.  


I'm not sure where this gorgeous book will end up.  I'm planning on using the leftovers & the other pages from the pad (yes I caved & brought the pad lol) to make cards to put into the pockets.  I will ever turn it into a teacher gift or maybe give it to Doug's mother for her birthday or Mothers' Day.

Either way I'm sure it will have a great home.

Have a wonderful day & happy crafting.


1 comment:

Dawn T said...

Stunning Paula. The papers are fabulous