Friday, April 17, 2009

Love you Mum


Love you Mum
Originally uploaded by pajalu (Paula)

Hi all,

This is my latest creation, it has taken the better part of half a day to make. Only because I had to wait for the Diamond Glaze & Kindy Glitz to dry. This is one of my favourites as of now. I don't know if I can bare to part with this one. I love it that much. Maybe I will leave it out & my dh will write in it for mother's day on behalf of our daughter. After I have told him to of course :).

My very good friend Helen & I went shopping the other day at our most favourite LSS (where I got the papers for Zac's card). We discovered these lantern stickers & decided to go halves in them. Then of course we had to challenge each other to come up with a card using the stickers. The other great thing about this card is except for the large Doll I have used all of Helen's stamps. We get together & stamp up a heap of stamps from each other. I am slowly getting through them all. So many stamps so little time :(.

Just a little info on the card, the large doll has 4 layers (each one raised up). The small doll uses 3 layers. I used Diamond Glaze on the doll's hair just to give it that extra bit of razzle dazzle ( I got the idea from one of the talented ladies on the Hero Arts flickr group). The background & branch for the owl are from the one stamped image. The flowers owl & his branch are all raised up as well. I used inks on the large flowers & Prisma color pencils on everything else.

Have a great weekend every one TTFN

3 comments:

Anne said...

Hi, Paula! Beautiful card! Love the scene you've created! I know what you mean about not wanting to part with a card! Sometimes I have to keep them for a while and just enjoy them before I am able to set them free. :-)

Dawn said...

No wonder it has become your favourite card Paula... it is just so awesome. So much work but oh so beautiful. Love the sentiment as well.

Julie said...

gorgeous cards Paula