Friday, January 25, 2013

CAS(e) for the Guys

Hi Lovelies,

I hope you don't mind me posting about our holiday (see previous posts).  I wanted to share some of my "family" life with you all.

Anyway onto today's post, which is all about CAS(e) this Sketch latest sketch.  When I saw the sketch, I immediately thought of a male birthday card.    I don't know why but lately I have been seeing guy cards everywhere & they inspired me to make one today.  



I really love the simple lines of the sketch & I'm really happy with my card.  I decided to put the sentiment on either side of the horizontal strip, so you could see it clearly.  Which let me use the whole sentiment that way.  Normally I just use the Happy Birthday part of this stamp.  Yes I do cut up my stamps (& sometimes I even manage not to lose them lol) as they then give me more choices when I use them. Another reason I love this sketch is I used up scraps to make this card.  I am a lover of scraps being used up.  It's so satisfying seeing scraps used & making a wonderful card/project with them.  

Thanks for stopping by today & happy crafting my friends

Supplies:
Card base
Pattern Paper - Darling Dear by My Mind's Eye
Hero Arts - CL272 All Occasion messages & tree stamp
Ink - Onyx Black by Versafine


11 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Perfect choice of stamp and pattern paper! I really love the warm and happy tone in this card! Beautiful take on the sketch, Paula!

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Lovely take on the sketch Paula! I'm going to have a go this weekend! Good luck!

Arlene said...

WOW... I love it. Perfect for the sketch and so innovative!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic!! Splitting the sentiment was genius as is the masculine theme!
Thanks so much for sharing at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

Ardyth said...

I love how you've split the sentiment - perfectly balanced! Thanks so much for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Alice said...

so simple and cute! very pretty card, Paula!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Love this one ,.. they way your sentiment is above and below the dotted pp! Great CAS feel to it.

sheila said...

great GREAT take on this sketch Paula and I absolutely love how you split your sentiment.....! It is such a small little detail but it just packs a whallop! Great job!

lindalou said...

Love your interpretation of the sketch. I just came over to visit cause I liked your card so much.

Anonymous said...

Love the colour combo ... warm and masculine at the same time, and the split of the sentiment is perfect! Anita in France :)

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

This is absolutely fabulous! I love how you split the sentiment - great creative touch! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS(E) This Sketch - we're so glad you did!