Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Sketch 101 at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!

Hi Lovelies,

Today is sketch 101 over at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.  I know I love the sketches & I bet you will too.


As you can see I have been playing with Botanical Odyssey again.  This time I wanted to use up some scraps that I had left over from the LO I did.  I stamped this gorgeous Penny Black flower onto the pp as I was going to paper piece it.  But then decided I would colour the stems in (didn't feel like trying to fussy cut around them).  After I did that I then decided to colour the rest of the flower in as well.  I really like how this turned out.  If you look closely you can see some of the pattern coming through the colouring.  I think it adds something wonderful to the flower.  I also coloured the ribbon (originally white) & the gems (a cream) to match the colours I used, with Copics.  I'm thinking that when I finally run out of pearls & gems I will only buy white/clear ones so then I can colour them exactly how I want them.  Saves having loads of different colours that I'd maybe use once or twice.

I do hope that you can join us this week.  It's loads of fun.  Happy crafting my friends & have a great day

8 comments:

Barb said...

Paula, that is one gorgeous flower and I love the way you used it for the sketch! :)

Mynn xx said...

That bloom is absolutely GORGEOUS! Such a fabulous technique--it looks so beautiful on the patterned paper! Gorgeous card--hope you're having a good week! :)

Dawn T said...

Love your flower Paula. You chose the perfect colour for it. Nice sketch

Sarah said...

Stunning card! I love the effect of the colouring on top of the patterned paper - I may have to try this!

Alice said...

what a beauty, Paula! love it!

MJ said...

I love this--I never think to stamp and color on the DP. What a fabulous outcome. Beautiful card.

Brenda said...

Just beautifully coloured in Paula! It was an evolving project by the sound of things!

Karen said...

This turned out beautiful Paula and I think coloring the image was the right choice. Beautiful!