Sunday, March 13, 2011

Cool Yule

Hi every one,



Well I've been busy once again making a few cards.  I am really enjoying the challenges over at Jingle Belles.  This week's challenge is a colour challenge.  I try to do every challenge & so far I've only missed a couple due to either a lack of that week's challenge item or a lack of time.  I was really pleased to see the challenge this week as I had just finished making a baby card in simular colours.  So I made this card up with yes you guessed it - Scraps!  The background paper is from a freebie digi kit (Winter Wonderland from Two Peas). The three images are from the one stamp Stamp-it's Christmas Post (3632E Micky Choo).  The circle stamp is by Hero Arts Cl237 Holiday Gift Tags. 

I kept this card fairly simple.  All I did was stamp the images in Versamark Sepia onto white c/s & kraft c/s.  Then I added Frosted Lace Stickles to the snow flake.  I cut apart the the Stamp-it image & used my cuttlebug & circle Nestibilities on the Hero Arts stamp.   I also used a Martha Stewart punch & some crochet lace. 

Thanks for looking & Happy crafting everyone xoxoxoxo

14 comments:

leslie (crookedstamper) said...

What pretty papers, and I LOVE that crochet trim with the MS border!

Thanks for playing!

Linda Breedlove said...

This card is a winner... great color shades... beautiful!!!

SmilynStef said...

My husband's a postal carrier, so I always love postage stamp images ... the touch of crocheted lace adds such wonderful texture & I love the glittery on the snowflake ... thanks for joining our jingle belles fun.

Dawn T said...

Wonderful card Paula. I really love the colours you did. Everything looks so great together

Barb said...

Love what you've done with these colors, Paula! The sentiment tag with the snowflake is wonderful and I love the papers and lace! Pretty card!

lauren bergold said...

so this is all SCRAPS from the last card you'd made??! HOW COOL is that?!! loveing those fun postage stamp images...and the papers you've used are ♥FAB♥ i have to check out that "free" 2p's kit then! the lace over the punched border is an inspired addition, as well! love it!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So pretty, love those "postage stamps"

paige said...

Oh, I really like this! I love those postage style stamps! Great sketch used here!

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Paula! What a darling card! I love the colors you used. And the layers in your border are awesome! :-)

Deb Hickman said...

Such a pretty card, love the postage stamps.xxx

Alice said...

love how you used these colors, Paula! such a pretty card!

Sally said...

Lovely card, Paula. Amazing that you did it all from scraps! Love the border punch and the lace trim!

Rose said...

**gasp** this is PERFECTO!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Ooh - I love this! The "vintage" stamps are awesome, and the crochet trim is the perfect touch - beautiful!