Tuesday, March 15, 2011

CPS Challenge

Hi everyone,

This week over on the CPS blog they have this sketch.
So this is the card that I made for it.  Very simple & I am so amazed that I managed to do that.  Mind you it took me ages to get to this final card.  I kept on adding things then taking them off & I think this bow came off at least three times before I finally decided it needed to stay.  I was heavily inspired by the very talented Alice, I am privilaged enough to have a few of her beautiful cards.  If you haven't been to Alice's blog or flickr page(s) then you are in for a treat :D.  So I know it's not an "Alice card" but I was inspired by Alice's use of stitching & the way she uses distress inks on the edges of her nestibilities. 

Have a great week everyone & happy crafting xoxoxoxo

6 comments:

Barb said...

Love the distressing, love the stripes, fun take on the sketch, Paula!

Dawn T said...

Great design. Love the simplicity of the card.

AB. said...

Really gorgeous card - love the colour combination! :)

Unknown said...

I love the look of simple cards and your turned out gorgeous. Love the colors you choice too. Can't wait to see what else you create.

Elara said...

Beautiful card! Love the clean and simple theme. :)

Debbie, Crafty Heart

Alice said...

oy! you are so sweet, Paula!!! =) i LOVE your stitching around the label shape. i am too chicken to stitch around them because of all the curves. your stitching is perfect, girl! love love this beautiful simple card! big hugs, my friend!! =)