Tuesday, March 1, 2011

That damn cat!!!!

Hi everyone,

Smudge the "trouble maker" is at it again!!!!  She has been rather naughty of late & all we can put it down to is her missing Tom.  For ages now she wont use the kitty trays to do number 2's (really gross I know) then she started spraying (yes she's neuted).  So we (me) decided that we had to let her out during the day.  Not really what I wanted to do, but couldn't think of anyother way to stop her from doing disgusting things.  Cats to me are an inside animal, that way they do less damage to our wildlife.  Plus here where we live there are a lot of nasty (dangerous) creatures that will kill her if she trys to catch them.  Now she's bringing us gifts - today another snake!  Doug heard me screaming from downstairs through a shut door in an aircon'd room.  Damn cat is going to get herself dead if she's not carefull.  We think she tried to bring home a Red Bellied Black snake a few weeks ago (one of the top 10 deadliest snakes), luckily she left that one under the stairs outside, still alive.  Today she actually brought a snake inside downstairs, luckily for us it was dead - not so lucky for the snake though.  Doug's not sure, it's either an Eastern Brown snake (another top 10 deadliest snake) or a Green Python (harmless to humans).  Either way I don't want any snakes brought inside thank you very much!!!!  We still have a couple of months of Summer to go, so from now on no doors are going to be left open for the cat.  Rotton bloody animal grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!  Why can't she bring home clothes or shoes or I don't know....................... the mail, anything but wildlife. 

Oh well I guess that's the joys of pet ownership.
Happy crafting everyone  

3 comments:

Dawn T said...

LOL Paula..... I'm SO glad that NZ doesn't have snakes.... I think it's bad enough getting mice and rats.... don't mind the little leotard and the pencil case that arrived on Friday evening.... but SNAKES -- no thank you.... I'm sure I heard the scream over here... I'm sure you'd hear me if I got one!!!!!! Have a stern word with that cat.....

Barb said...

Oh my goodness, Paula! What a funny story! I can't imagine my cat doing that. Of course we don't have too many snakes around here. Mine is also an indoor cat and does not have front claws, so thankfully he's a good kitty. . . .I don't think I could ever bring myself to let him go outside. Good luck!

Alice said...

you got one fearless girl there, Paula! i sure hope she doesn't bring any live deadly snakes back... ahhh... i don't know what you can do to keep her from spraying... would change a litter or litter box help? just completely get rid of Tom's smell/memory kind of thing? hope she recovers from missing Tom soon... please give her a big hug from me. =)