Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Give it a go & you will never know what happens.

Hi everyone,
Layered Happy Birthday
This is a card I thought that I couldn't make.  This month over on the Hero Arts blog the challenge is Birthdays & Stamped Envelopes with a technique on layering.

Now I guess you are wondering why I thought I couldn't make it.  Well about 90% of it was self doubt & 10% not having the right kind of stamps (ie non clear stamps).  But I decided to take my own advice & try it (that's what I'm always telling Em).  Do you know what?  I am so pleased with the final result.  I was originally disappointed with the way the leaves where blurred on the background.  As you all probably know Distress Inks & clear stamps don't do that well together.  But after letting it dry I decided that the blurry leaves just added that bit extra to overall look.  I'm also not a huge fan of oranges & yellows.  I mean I do like them, I just never seem to use them much.  I really like the background piece on the tree as well.  It reminds me of clouds in the sky behind the tree.  For the leaves on the tree I used my Copics, just to get that definition & to tie the leaves on the background to the foreground.

Well thanks for stopping by & happy crafting everyone xoxoxoxo    

6 comments:

Barb said...

I just love this card, Paula! I didn't think my cards would turn out with this technique either. And each time I've tried, I start out not liking it. But then, once all the stamps are place, it really does look neat! Love your pretty leaves! And I also love that you used the Dots and Flowers in the background! Wonderful texture!

Anita Rex said...

I know what you mean about doubting it! But I think this turned out beautifully! I think part of it is that it never turns out the way you think it would! :>

Alice said...

wow! this is gorgeous, Paula! love love the colors and i think the leaves are perfect! really love the watercolor look! fabulous card! love love it!

Unknown said...

This is so pretty, Paula. I love the mix of colors and stamps you used. I find yellows and oranges difficult to use also, but you've made it look so easy :)Love the focal piece with the tree and the blue "clouds" behind it!

Jocelyn said...

I think your card is just beautiful!

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Paula! I think this card is tremendous! So pretty! I love the complimentary colors of the orange and blue together. This turned out soooooo well! I love the Dots & Flowers in there ... it is so subtle I almost missed it. You rocked this! :-)