Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I've changed my name & a manly card

Hi everyone,

Firstly I just want to say no you are not going crazy! This is/was Pajalus Paper & Fabric Addiction.  As you can see I have decided that I needed to have a bit of a change.  I felt that my blog's name didn't really suit who/what I do.  Since the majorityof what I blog about is cards & most of my cards are made from scraps.  I felt that I needed to change the name of my blog to reflect that.  Then decided to go the "whole hog" & change a few other things as well.  Hope you like the new name/look :D.

Now onto the important stuff - my latest card ;-D  which is for Mike
What do you think?  Is this blokey (manly) enough?  Like many of you (I'm guessing) out there, I don't have much in the way of manly stamps, papers, etc.  So as per usual I had a rumage through my ice cream bucket of scraps & found these bits of Curio papers from Basic Grey to make the "bones" of my card.  I then had a good look through my Hero Arts stamps to see what I could use.  The tree seemed ideal, as it reminded me of saying (which I can't remember) about how trees can stand tall in strong winds, it seemed to be a good idea at the time.  Then the band behind the sentiment is just one section from CG112 Hello (go here to see the stamp).  I really like the way it turned out.

Happy crafting every one :) xoxoxoxoxo 

6 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Hi Paula! Happy New Year to you and your family! Love your new blog name and the new look, too! Your card represents a fresh new start, and I like the way you did the band....so clever! Hope you are well...

Dotty Jo said...

Great card and I like the new blog name! I've been debating chamgimg mine, but haven't come up with anything that GRABS me yet! Jo x

Tracey said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new look of your blog and the new name too!! I definitely think your card is manly enough...the tree is PERFECT!! Thinking of you often!! Hugs,
TRace

Alice Wertz said...

beautiful manly card, Paula. i love it. love the new look of your blog, too. =)

Dawn said...

Miss this post Paula... love the card. The white checkered background piece is wonderful.

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Paula! Wonderful new look! Updated your name in my blog roll! :-)